Hendersons - The History
It was Mr Henry Henderson who first began manufacturing his own special type of sauce back in the late part of the 19th century. Originally manufactured at 35 Broad Lane in Sheffield, Hendersonís Relish is still being made and has been in uninterrupted production within half a mile of the site from which the first bottle was filled.
The company was bought by Shaws of Huddersfield in 1910 who, incidentally, still supply Hendersons with vinegar. In 1940 Mr Charles Hinksman formed the present company of Hendersons (Sheffield) Ltd. the control of which has remained with the family. Dr Kenneth Freeman, the nephew of the late Charles Hinksman, became the Managing Director and Chairman in 1991 and has overseen many important changes in the companyís profile.
Previously unkown outside of Sheffield, Hendersons appeal is now spreading further and further afield with an increasing number of supermarket listings and a thriving mail order service. There is also the opportunity to purchase Hendersons Merchandise which includes
t-shirts, aprons and gift boxes.